A US-based international construction services company operating in diverse market segments, our client has earned universal repute and recognition for undertaking large and complex building projects with an approach that embraces both innovation and emerging technologies.
As part of its ongoing expansion, the company is now looking to appoint a proven Superintendent to head up the field planning and overall management of the roadway aspects of major construction projects, ensuring that the quality of work and materials is upheld and that schedules, safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered to as planned.
The appointed Civils Superintendent will assume responsibility for:
- Organising/planning jobs and maintaining overall schedules to ensure that work is completed on time
- Overseeing time sheets and reports for labor, equipment and quantities
- Enforcing quality control on all aspects of construction
- Submitting weekly accountability reports
- Developing strong client, subcontractor and team member relationships
- Daily monitoring and reviewing of crew’s productivity and goals
- Reviewing cost reports monthly and initiating field change requests
- Compliance with safety policies and procedures, reporting any accidents, incidents and near-misses
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years’ successful experience in the civil construction field
- (Ideally) A BS qualification in civil construction (or related) plus OSHA 10 certification
- The ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience of scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of roadway construction
- Proven leadership experience to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Excellent attention to detail, with an emphasis on quality
This is a superb opportunity to join a true pioneer of the US construction sector. The recipient of numerous construction awards and a ‘top 100 places to work’ employer, the company works hard to promote workplace equality and clearly defined pathways for all its people to achieve real career progression and maximise their own personal advancement.