Senior Structural Engineer
- Industrial, Distribution & Logistics Projects.
- Columbia, South Carolina
- $100,000 to $120,000 (DoE) + Benefits
- JOB-3902 RHA
Proven Senior Structural Engineer required to coordinate all project activities of our client’s structural department, in coordination with the project PIC and project team.
Our client is an integrated design firm with architectural design, interiors, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines in-house. With a team of skilled architects and engineers working in combination to deliver the most efficient and creative solutions to clients’ design needs, the company creates design solutions that are durable, changeable, attractive and can be delivered both on time and within budget.
This position will report directly to the company’s President and will require an individual capable of demonstrating:
- Professional (ABET Accredited) degree in structural engineering.
- PE registration in South Carolina (or ability to quickly acquire).
- NCEES registration (or ability to secure).
- Ability to obtain additional state professional registrations as required.
- At least ten years’ experience as a registered PE in structural design
- Experience of working with a variety of materials including steel, concrete, precast concrete, tilt-up concrete, masonry, and cold-formed steel framing
- Experience with special foundations and deep foundations of various types.
- Proven construction (ideally design-build) experience, preferably in industrial, distribution, logistics projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with architects, engineers, and construction professionals.
- Ability to budget, direct, and assign the work of the Structural Department Staff.
- Strong analytical skills to support program development and design decisions.
- Full understanding of current building codes and regulations applicable to the projects including but not limited to: ICC, ASCE, ACI, AISC, AISI, TMS, FM Global.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office Suite.
- Experience with RAM Structural Systems, ENERCALC, or other suitable computer aided design software.
- Ability to independently produce medium and large project documentation.