Senior Product Manager
- Remote, United States
- $140,000 to $175,000 Basic + Bonus + Medical PPO, EPO, Vision, Dental Cover + Disability/Life Insurance + 401K Plan (Company Matching) + Paid Time-Off + Maternity/Parental Leave + Employee Referral Program + Training Programs + Team Events + Free Onsite Parking
- JOB-3867 JMA
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the successful planning, definition, introduction, and support of an assigned portfolio of products, managing a small team of high-functioning Product Managers to successfully deliver on growth within their vertical market.
The successful candidate will execute the product strategy, develop market positioning, engage with key partners and opinion leaders, and drive the commercial success of products within their respective markets, key responsibilities being to:
- Provide guidance for product concept, development, and realization functions.
- Provide input, as the voice of customer, through various stages of product definition, prototyping and development
- Manage core teams for product development projects.
- Ensure that product performance meets expectations, exploring continuous improvement and market adoption potential.
- Gather/evaluate customer input and verify requirements, including validation criteria.
- Maintain prioritized list of NPI projects and work closely with Product & Project Managers to ensure cross-functional support and resourcing.
- Assist in development of 5-year revenue targets and work with management to develop annual strategic imperatives.
- Monthly revenue analysis to determine trends and assess health of portfolio of products.
- Analyse sales and revenue metrics to determine trends.
- Work with Marketing & PM team to develop and maintain portfolio brand and ensure integrity of brand look, feel and messaging.
- Work with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure success of conferences.
- Work with PM team to train sales force on a quarterly basis regarding new product introductions.
- Work with Sales team on key accounts to ensure sales and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in market research activities such as focus groups, customer interviews, trade shows and professional meetings.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in a health, business, or science related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in product management, marketing, R&D, or a related function
- A strong track record of bringing new products to market, ideally in the diagnostics or wider medical devices industry.
- Experience of developing KOL networks with Subject Matter Experts and membership associations to drive awareness of product.
- Experience of working directly with a sales team to set and meet sales targets.
- Experience of conducting research studies to help bolster product claims, understand market trends and/or identify new customer segments.
- The ability to achieve results in a cross-functional team environment,
- Formal and informal leadership skills and strong goal / results orientation
- Experience of leading a team of high-performing individuals to meet the growth objectives & strategic imperatives within the program or product area.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Our client is a leader in the development, manufacture, and distribution of rapid diagnostic tests, sample collection and stabilization devices, and molecular services solutions designed to discover and detect critical medical conditions. The company’s portfolio of products is sold globally to clinical laboratories, hospitals, physician’s offices, clinics, public health and community-based organizations, research institutions, government agencies, pharma, commercial entities and direct to consumers.