Senior Manager Environmental Studies
- Lithium Mining
- North Carolina
- $210,000 to £250,000 (DoE) + STI / LTI Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
- JOB-3881 LCA
A global lithium business is presently looking to appoint an experienced environmental professional who will direct environmental, social impact and mitigation studies to support the pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design and permitting of new mining assets.
As part of our client’s lithium resources organization, the successful candidate will play an integral part in leading sustainable development practices, critical to the company’s growth plans. This will involve:
- Providing subject matter expert support regarding environmental impact assessments for mining projects.
- Directing the design and implementation of environmental baseline studies including site investigation programs.
- Developing numerical models to inform potential environmental impacts including hydrogeological modelling, water balance assessments, inundation assessments, air dispersion modelling, fate-transport modelling, noise and vibration assessments, water treatment evaluation, and visual resource renderings.
- Identifying environmental risks and directing mine designs / management plans to mitigate impacts and promote sustainable development.
- Directing the design of surface water management infrastructure, dewatering infrastructure, water treatment plant requirements, water recycling opportunities, mine waste management (encapsulation, liners, etc.), dust and sediment management strategies, wetland and habitat mitigation projects, and closure and reclamation plans.
- Managing and growing a team responsible for advancing environmental impact studies (hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, environmental engineers, geochemists, air quality experts, biodiversity specialists, etc.)
- Working closely with the engineering teams, capital projects, operations, and corporate support functions to ensure consistent alignment, excellent communication, and a collaborative culture.
- Ensuring that environmental impact assessment, mine design, and operational management plans fully align with the requirements within IRMA standards.
- Implementing Corporate HSE Environmental standards, initiatives, and programs for the mine project.
- Managing the preparation of budget estimates related to environmental studies.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in an appropriate environmental profession (environmental engineering, environmental sciences, water resources, hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, etc.)
- At least 15 years’ experience of managing environmental impacts assessments, technical studies, and permitting support for new mining development projects.
- Experience of assessing resource impacts via federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- At least 10 years’ experience with pre-feasibility, feasibility, and detailed engineering design assessments.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, think strategically, distil complexity, and assess technical risk.
- Strong project and technical acumen, problem solving and analysis skills.
An internationally renowned and rapidly growing company at the forefront of the EV revolution, our client is committed to developing a better tomorrow. From energy and communications through to transportation and electronics, the company is putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives, and they want YOU to be a part of it.