Senior Exploration Project Manager

  • Drilling Program Management
  • Quebec, Canada
  • CAD 900 to CAD 1,200 / Day + All Travel / Accommodation Expenses
  • JOB-2953 PKI

Our client is a Canada-based mineral exploration company with the objective to lead the next generation of discoveries, and they are interested in YOU!

This appointment will form a 14-days working / 14-days off schedule, during the latter period of which you may engage in other work contracts, provided this has no adverse effect on your work with our client.  70% of your 14-days working time will be based on site, the remaining 30% being home based and on a 0900 to 1700 basis.  All travel and accommodation costs will be covered (air fares, fuel, taxis, hotels etc).

As Senior Exploration Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects  from the initial ideation through to completion, coordinating people and processes to deliver projects on time, within budget and with the desired objectives.  This will involve:

  • Managing overall project objectives and scope
  • Project budget tracking and forecasting
  • Managing project accounts payable
  • Managing project schedule and timeline within the operating budget
  • Identifying (and devising plans to mitigate) risk to the project team, project budget and timeline.
  • Managing logistics and ordering supplies.
  • Maintaining communications with team leads and acting on their concerns.
  • Analyzing team performance and taking corrective measures accordingly.
  • Maintaining and enforcing proper health and safety protocols with the team and contractors.

The Candidate:

Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:

  • At least five years’ mineral exploration experience, with a focus on drilling program management
  • A strong capacity to work independently and in collaboration with others.
  • Agility at problem solving and technical report writing.
  • Fluent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
  • Proficiency with Microsoft Office, modern communication platforms (Slack, Teams, etc) and GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc)
  • A strong commitment to safety culture