A leading supplier of speciality metals and forged products is presently looking to appoint a proven business developer with the skills and contacts to further its penetration of the UK aerospace, defence and motorsport sectors.
The appointed Sales Manager will assume responsibility for:
- Increasing market share in the aerospace, defence and motorsport sectors
- Targeting OEMs and tier suppliers of fasteners, bearings and precision components
- Identifying leads and closing opportunities for new business growth
- Assisting in the production of accurate estimates and quotes for customers
- Providing technical support and application advice to secure business
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A track record of field sales success in the metals and forged products distribution sector
- Proven experience of selling to OEMs and tier suppliers in the aerospace, defence and/or motorsport sectors
- Excellent new business / ‘hunter’ skillset
- An understanding of the AS9120 standard in relation to precision components, bearings, fasteners and cold drawn products
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- The ability to understand and interpret technical engineering drawings
An established provider of metals and metal products for fastener manufacturing, precision bearing machining and general engineering applications, our client is an ISO 9001 accredited distributor of round bar and forged products in nickel alloys and stainless steel. Well established in the oil & gas and general engineering sectors, the company’s Quality Management System has recently completed the necessary audits for an accreditation that creates enormous opportunities to further penetration of the aerospace, defence and motorsport sectors.