Proven offsite construction professional required to handle all aspects of concrete structure projects from design through to manufacture and final installation.
The appointed Project Manager will ensure that all contracts are delivered on time, to budget and within strict quality and Health & Safety guidelines. This will principally involve:
- Prioritising across concurrent precast concrete projects throughout the North West of England
- Acting as main point of contact with architects, surveyors, main contractors and clients
- Reviewing sales proposals to ensure correct estimating and staffing requirements
- Appointing subcontractors and purchasing ancillary materials (fixings, rebar etc.)
- Conducting site visits, monitoring project costs and addressing issues promptly
- Ensuring compliance with contractual documents and Health & Safety
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of four years’ project/contract management experience within precast concrete or related structural engineering / offsite construction
- The ability to manage multiple projects of different size and value
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- The ability to understand and work from production schematics, engineering drawings and architects’ plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills with subcontractors and suppliers
An established employer of over 80 CSCS accredited staff, our client is a manufacturer of pre-cast concrete for a variety of offsite construction projects including high-rise residential, student accommodation, hotels, prisons and multi-storey car parks. Working closely with architects, surveyors and main contractors, the company provides a cradle-to-grave service encompassing the design, production and installation of cladding panels, stair flights, culverts, retaining walls, slabs, beams, columns and lift shafts.