The appointed Project Manager will be involved in the delivery of design, cost management and project management services for retail projects encompassing new store design concepts, store conversions, refurbishment, shopfitting and maintenance.
Working on projects throughout the UK but required at the company’s Buckinghamshire head office approximately two days a week, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for:
- Providing consultancy services to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of project/program management operations
- Determining project management, technical services and external resources required for projects
- Ensuring the successful delivery of projects in line with all stakeholders’ expectations, communicating strategies to the team
- Managing project brief/scope, fees, processing claims, deliverables and project variations
- Ensuring that all submissions are completed within agreed milestones, being proactive with acceleration measures should programs slip
- Managing timely delivery-to-programme for concept, schematic and detailed design
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of working in the retail construction / fit out sector, ideally for a consultancy but contractor backgrounds will also be considered
- Relevant qualifications in project management or a construction-related discipline
- A minimum of five years’ project management experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- An understanding of estimating, scheduling, field supervision, contracts administration, procurement, financial controls and reporting
- Problem-solving and analytical skills for resolving planning, estimating, contract administration and procurement issues within construction and design activities
A privately-owned UK construction consultancy, our client is committed to delivering the highest levels of service, value and innovation to its extensive and varied client base. Working with publicly funded bodies, major retail organisations, private individuals, education providers, end users, property developers, heritage trusts and major city centre investment vehicles, the company operates nationally from a number of strategically placed offices throughout the UK.