- Mining & Metals
- Southeast Missouri
- $100,000 to $130,000 + Bonus + Benefits Package
- JOB-1873 PKI
Proven mine geologist required to locate new ore and perform daily grade control at an assigned mine site in Southeast Missouri.
The appointed Project Geologist will be tasked with:
- Finding new ore by directing underground and surface core drills
- Establishing a weekly and monthly mine plan
- Providing geologic mapping to help find additional ore
- Communicating geological anomalies or strata changes that could affect safety
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in the mining of lead, copper and/or zinc (precious metals experience also considered, gold, silver etc)
- FTE (full-time equivalent) only: Contractors or rotations will not be considered
- A track record of working with rocks and minerals
- Experience of directing underground and surface core drills
A privately held natural resources company and a global provider of lead, copper and zinc concentrates, our client is dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production.
The company’s stringent approach to employee safety focuses on all employees learning how to work safely and instilling a culture where everyone looks after one another. This is achieved through over 15,000 hours of training every year and striving for established safety goals and milestones.