Production Operations Engineer
- Onshore Reserves Acquisition
- Houston, Texas
- $130,000 to $150,000 + Competitive Bonus+ Benefits
- JOB-4983 CBO
Underpinning its intention to double production every three years, our client is looking to appoint a senior engineer to manage monitoring, and well optimization operations, ensuring efficient production while maintaining safety, regulatory, and environmental compliance.
Reporting to the VP of Operations and Engineering, the appointed Production Operations Engineer will assume responsibility for:
- Monitoring lease production
- Identifying, diagnosing, and remedying issues affecting production levels.
- Preparing well and lease level economic evaluations.
- Analyzing pumping unit rod string designs utilizing the S Rod design program.
- Developing projects to increase production and enhance field operations.
- Visiting field locations to optimize operations and meet with field personnel.
- Managing field personnel to maximize the cash flow and value of oil and gas assets.
- Ensuring operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Developing production targets and actively monitoring actual production
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree qualification in petroleum engineering or mechanical engineering
- At least four years’ production and/or operations engineering experience in the oil & gas industry
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong leadership skills and good management practices
- The ability to act with a high degree of independence, accountability, initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong analytical skills to review complex problems and propose effective solutions involving engineering calculations and analyses.
A privately held oil & gas company, our client acquires conventional and unconventional properties across the United States and increases their value by improving operations such as artificial lift, water flood optimization, and vertical infill drilling. The company’s employees involve themselves in a broad range of new activities as properties are acquired, providing constant challenge and growth opportunities. Direct exposure to top management also ensures a rewarding and non-bureaucratic work environment for all.