- Boston or New York
- $240,000 to $310,000 + Bonus
- JOB-2862 ABR
Our client’s established biotechnology group is presently seeking an associate attorney with two to four years’ patent prosecution experience. Boston and New York are the preferred office locations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with clients and inventors at all stages of the patent process
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications in the United States and abroad
- Conducting freedom-to-operate and patentability analyses
- Assisting with due diligence related to financing and acquisitions
Applicants will ideally be 3rd, 4th or 5th year associates with the ability to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology or a field of study related to biotechnology
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admittance to (or eligible for admission to) practice in Massachusetts or New York
- Admittance to the USPTO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
Applicants will need to be able to speak the language of inventors and scientists, quickly grasping complex biotechnology matters in a wide spectrum of contexts.
Among the largest IP law firms in the country, our client has been established for nearly 100 years and helps a diverse range of clients to protect their most valuable intellectual property, from large global corporations, mid-size companies and innovative start-ups through to emerging enterprises, universities and research institutions.
The firm’s 140+ legal professionals (more than 90% of whom have science or engineering degrees) offer a full range of IP services , including patent prosecution and litigation, post-grant proceedings, IPRs, strategic counselling, licensing, intellectual property audits and due diligence, trademark prosecution, copyright litigation and more.