- Copper Mining
- $155,000 to $205,000 + Benefits
- JOB-3965 LMCO
Experience and qualified Maintenance Manager required to oversee and lead the maintenance of fixed plant and fleet assets at our client’s copper mining operation in Arizona.
Reporting to the General Manager and heading up a small team of maintenance superintendents, the successful candidate will:
- Work in compliance with all MSHA safety guidelines and the mine’s own policies/procedures.
- Manage all the safety and environmental aspects of maintenance operations.
- Plan and supervise all maintenance operations, developing processes and budgets.
- Manage all fixed assets, fleet, and ancillary equipment, ensuring equipment is available and reliable.
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers to ensure a high level of performance and quality.
- Provide leadership to the team to support and establish a culture that aligns with site goals.
- Lead maintenance standards and best practices.
- Ensure defect and work management policies and procedures are in place to continually improve equipment safety and reliability.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership to all employees and contractors, contributing to a sustainable risk base safety culture.
- Collaborate with all departments to expedite the implementation of critical equipment maintenance strategies.
- Collaborate with all operational teams to establish equipment life cycle requirements, equipment condition monitoring strategies and maintenance budgets.
- Liaise with regional Supply Chain Management teams to review alternative parts/components and to reduce operating costs.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum high school diploma (or equivalent) plus relevant electrical or mechanical maintenance qualifications
- At least 15 years’ experience in surface mining, with a minimum of 5 years in an on-site maintenance management role.
- Experience in the use of SAP Enterprise Asset Management CMMS
- Knowledge of equipment reliability trending analyst
- Prior application of continuous improvement methodology
- A track record of defining and leading maintenance improvement programs to successful results
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and influencing abilities.
- An understanding and knowledge of the MSHA Mining Acts & Regulations
- Proficiency in component forecasting and budgeting
A premier copper producer operating throughout the Americas, our client is focused on generating value for its investors, employees, and communities, meeting the surging global copper demand from exploration and mine development through to operations. This project is one of the oldest and most productive mining districts in the US and has generated more than 4 billion pounds of copper to date. The company has been recipient of numerous awards for its employer initiatives, environmental programs, and support of community infrastructure development.