- Intellectual Property
- Massachusetts, DC, New York
- $240,000 to $310,000 + Bonus
- JOB-2860 ABR
Our client’s established litigation group is presently looking to appoint an IP Litigation Associate with three to five years’ patent litigation experience.
The successful candidate will have both the legal skill and the technical, scientific and industry experience needed to give clients an advantage in any courtroom, guiding a judge and jury through the technical complexities at the core of a dispute, creating aggressive trial strategies, and choosing the optimal time and venue for litigation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and trial of patent matters
- Analysis of products and patents
- Discovery preparation and management, including working with experts
- Conducting and defending depositions
- Drafts pleadings and motions
Applicants will ideally be 3rd, 4th or 5th year associates capable of demonstrating:
- A JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admittance to (or eligibility for admission to) the Massachusetts, New York or Washington, DC bar
- Patent litigation experience before the United States International Trade Commission
- A technology background in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to stay organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
Among the largest IP law firms in the country, our client has been established for nearly 100 years and helps a diverse range of clients to protect their most valuable intellectual property, from large global corporations, mid-size companies and innovative start-ups through to emerging enterprises, universities and research institutions.
The firm’s 140+ legal professionals (more than 90% of whom have science or engineering degrees) offer a full range of IP services , including patent prosecution and litigation, post-grant proceedings, IPRs, strategic counselling, licensing, intellectual property audits and due diligence, trademark prosecution, copyright litigation and more.