Lead Electrical Engineer
- Mineral Processing
- North Carolina
- $159,000 Basic + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance (If required)
- JOB-3741 LCA
A leading developer of highly engineered specialty chemicals and minerals for the electric vehicle revolution, our client is putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives, and they want YOU to be a part of it.
Critical to our client’s strategic plan to realize a market leadership position, this project will consist of a mine, concentrator and associated non-process infrastructure to produce a spodumene concentrate product. The Lead Electrical Engineer will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the project’s successful implementation and operation by using his or her experience and expertise to spearhead the project’s key electrical engineering aspects, primarily including:
- Developing electrical facilities consistent with quality and technical requirements.
- Managing project design scope, design calculations, drawings, specifications, and technical review of the works.
- Working closely with the electrical team to ensure timely, cost effective and fit for purpose engineering and design output that is compliant with the project’s cost and schedule constraints.
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards throughout the full Project life cycle (FEL2, FEL3 and Execution).
- Assisting in developing and conveying the unique safety culture of the plant.
- Ensuring that corporate technical policies and standards, relevant directives and lessons learned are being considered in the design.
- Working collaboratively with both the Project team and EPCM discipline leads.
- Providing strong leadership and guidance to the EPCM Electrical Team with respect to engineering deliverables, reporting, cost and schedule accountability to meet or exceed project requirements.
- Participating in overall estimate reviews at gate reviews for FEL2, FEL3 and final execution.
- Contributing to the development of the integrated Project schedule and change management/mitigation.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in a similar role in the mining, minerals, chemical process, or a related natural resources sector, such as oil & gas, LNG, petrochemicals
- A minimum bachelor’s degree (and ideally professional) qualification in electrical engineering
- A successful track record in the detailed design of complex engineering and design projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to integrate seamlessly into a project team at any point during its lifecycle.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of 3D intelligent design and project delivery systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards, as well as the applicable statutory requirements
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality, Human Resources and Industrial Relations requirements and principles
- Specialist knowledge of discipline-based applications software and excellent general computer literacy
- Familiarity with applicable codes, requirements, standards, etc., for USA regulations
- The ability to work with all levels of engineering, construction, and plant personnel.