Lead E&I Engineer
- Chemical Process / Lithium
- Texas or South Carolina
- $190,000 + 15% Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
- JOB-3742 LCA
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a senior part of a team that is revolutionizing the future.
The E&I Engineering Lead will provide technical support for capital projects to ensure safety and technical integrity in all process aspects of the chemical process used to make lithium products, from the engineering phase through to plant construction and commissioning.
This role is critical to the success of the project as the position holder will be responsible for guiding the engineering contractors and procurement choices in conjunction with the EPCI (Engineering and Procurement Construction Contractor) and will be a key member of the overall project delivery team.
Leading the electrical engineering and design efforts for capital projects will include development or revisions to electrical area classification drawings, single line diagrams, substation and motor control center design, specifications and purchase of electrical equipment, creation of wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and design of lighting and grounding systems.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- 12+ years’ electrical engineering experience in chemical or petrochemical processing plants
- Process design experience on projects with TIC budgets more than $100 million USD.
- Experience of supporting a project as E&I Lead during all phases of a capital project.
- Bachelor’s qualification in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited institution of higher learning.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and other computer-based design software.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems 13.8 kV and below.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety requirements), and OSHA requirement compliance.
- Knowledge of electrical modelling software as it relates to incident energy, short circuit ratings, and protective device coordination (experience with ETAP is plus).
- Experience with 50 Hz systems and IEC is a plus.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment acceptance testing as it relates to NETA standards.
- Ability to work with electrical heat tracing installations, sizing motors, developing fuse and / or circuit breaker trip settings, sizing power cables, sizing transformers, and sizing cable tray.
An internationally renowned and rapidly growing company at the forefront of the EV revolution, our client is committed to developing a better tomorrow. From energy and communications through to transportation and electronics, the company is putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives, and they want YOU to be a part of it. So, when you join this team, you will be playing an important role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries.