- Environmental / Regulatory
- Houston, Texas
- $200,000 to $250,000 (DoE)
- JOB-5320 LPA
The environmental and natural resources practice group of an established AM100 law firm is currently seeking a Junior Associate for its Houston office.
The successful candidate will gain experience working with attorneys and clients in a broad array of industries to navigate federal and state environmental laws and compliance matters across multiple venues. The firm’s Environmental & Natural Resources attorneys appear for clients before regulatory agencies; advocate for clients on legislation, regulations, and policy; and manage administrative enforcement actions, as well as federal and state trial and appellate court litigation. The group advises on the full panoply of federal and state environmental law and policy, as well as environmental liabilities management.
Topics include contaminated site remediation, hazardous substance management and chemical regulation, worker safety, risk assessment, natural resource damage matters, and crisis management. They help clients buy and sell companies and assets, achieve and maintain compliance, manage environmental liabilities, obtain regulatory approvals, defend against enforcement actions, and stay current on regulatory developments.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, high-performing associate who possesses sound judgment, determination, common sense, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to inspire confidence, and the drive to produce high quality work and achieve outstanding results. Candidate should have a demonstrated interest in practicing environmental law serving industrial clients, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Flexibility and dedication to accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- High-quality analytical, legal research and writing skills to assist attorneys with the preparation of legal documents.
- 2021, 2022 or 2023 law school graduate with the relevant education or experience in environmental science and environmental and administrative law (government or in-house)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of ethics and conduct codes, which are a requirement for the practice of the law.
- Eligibility to become a member of (or admitted into) the Texas bar.
An international law firm with a particular focus on the technology, media, energy, financial services, and real estate and construction sectors, our client is recognized by legal research firm BTI Consulting as one of the top 20 firms for client service and identified among North America’s Most Innovative Firms six years in a row (2014 – 2019) by the Financial Times. Among Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies for a dozen years and the only law firm to crack the Top 10, the firm has also been ranked #20 for Overall Diversity with high marks for women and LGBT lawyers.