IP Associate / Patent Agent
- Life Sciences
- Hybrid, Chicago
- $90,000 to $235,000 (DoE) + Medical/Dental/Vision Care + Wellness Program + Employee/Family Assistance Program + ABA/State/Local Bar Membership Fee Reimbursement + 401(k) + Short/Long Term Disability Plan + Life Insurance + Critical Illness Insurance
- JOB-3739 ABR
A full-service law firm employing more than 350 lawyers and technical professionals across collaborative, interdisciplinary practices, our client is currently looking to appoint a junior to mid-level associate or patent agent for the life sciences subgroup of its intellectual property practice.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years’ patent prosecution experience, either at a law firm or in-house
- A minimum degree or Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, organic chemistry or molecular biology.
- Expertise in the drafting of patent applications
- Excellent business judgment and adaptability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves.
- Admission to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and staff.
- First class oral and written communication skills
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Working with companies, trade associations, nonprofits, educational institutions, governments, family trusts, and high-net-worth individuals, our client has been established for over 100 years and is a highly respected organization offering a collaborative and respectful culture, excellent career prospects, healthy work-life balance, and flexible work policy (remote up to 2.5 days per week).