Head of Operations
- Base Metals Refining
- Alberta, Canada
- CAD 250,000 to CAD 325,000 + STI + LTI + Benefits
- JOB-3830 PKI
A global leader in the mining and refining of key metals for the green revolution, our client is a Canadian resource company who are currently looking to appoint an Alberta based (or relocatable) Head of Operations for its refinery and utilities operations.
- Design and implement an operations strategy for refinery and utilities operations, with a 5-year time horizon that aligns with overall site strategy.
- Refresh the strategy annually to ensure relevancy and to inform the budget/long range planning processes.
- Oversee process operations, process technology, loss prevention, sustainability, and operations excellence;
- Implement operations, maintenance and engineering work that deliver regulatory compliance, safe operations, and operational results.
- Deliver production and expense cost performance to achieve the annually approved budgets while seeking continuous improvement for safety, production performance, and cost management.
- Ensure Operations standards and procedures are in place that deliver zero harm to employees, the environment, and neighbouring communities.
- Ensure Operations complies with all current regulatory, legal and company policy requirements.
- Contribute to development of corporate sustainability strategy and implement plans at the Site.
- Establish and maintain a high level of employee engagement within Operations via effective communication (top down and bottom up) and aligned culture.
- Optimize performance of all teams by embedding good or best practices, instilling a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking, implementing technical innovation, and improving management systems.
- Establish and continuously optimize business processes for Operations and Asset Management that deliver optimal results for equipment availability, capacity utilization and cost efficiency.
- Accountable for 5 director areas with approximately 300 people in the organization.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree qualification in engineering degree (ideally process, chemical, mechanical, metallurgical, or similar)
- Proven experience in base metals production and refining
- Significant plant management experience encompassing safety management and continuous improvement.
- Experience of strategic planning (2-to-5-year horizon) at corporate/board level
- Experience in crisis management, organizational culture-building, negotiation, change management and managing within a unionized workforce.
- A mindset of lean thinking, continuous improvement, diversity, and inclusion