- Drilling Operations
- Remote, North Carolina
- $80,000 to $100,000 (DoE) + Bonus (Up to $30,000) + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401k) + Relocation Assistance
- JOB-3747 RHA
The successful candidate will oversee drilling operations including solid stem, casing, down the hole hammer operations and hollow stem auger drilling techniques.
The appointed Geotechnical Superintendent will set up and operate rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical construction. This will include mobilization to site, set up and running of all aspects of a project.
This is a hands-on position in which you will be responsible for on-site project supervision, including the management of field labor, equipment, materials, safety, and production.
Other duties will include:
- Studying plans and specifications for construction
- Conferring with all levels of staff, from laborers to engineering personnel
- Resolving any issues and improving construction methods.
- Preparing detailed progress reports and inspecting work.
- Frequent travel
- Maintenance and repairs to drill rig
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Helping to move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, setting up in the new site.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a superintendent in geotechnical construction
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Strong mechanical skillset
- The ability to pass company background checks, including drug screen.
- Excellent driving record within company standards
- The ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
- (Ideally) Class A CDL license
An experienced geotechnical contractor with a proven record of performance in diverse soil conditions, our client’s experienced and professional team deliver quick and professional results across projects including soil stabilization, earth retention and structural support.