Geotechnical Department Manager
- Civil Engineering
- Columbia, SC
- $115,000 to $150,000 + Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance + 401(k) Plan + 4 Weeks’ Paid Time Off + Education Reimbursement + Bonus Programs + Sign-On Bonus + Stock Options + Cell Phone Reimbursement
- JOB-5109 RHA
Senior professional engineer (P.E.) or geologist (P.G.) required to manage and lead a group of geotechnical engineers on exciting projects including bridges and highways, airports, deep foundations and slope stability geotechnical work.
The appointed Geotechnical Department Manager will:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate geotechnical specific work.
- Manage and lead a department of geotechnical engineers.
- Continue to make the department profitable and inspire growth.
- Communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Manage resources, project scheduling, budgets, and forecasts.
- Work with external vendors, subcontractors, or contractors.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for projects’ completion.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Provide leadership for marketing, sales, and business development efforts.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in all phases of geotechnical and construction management
- Previous leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or geology
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Civil Engineering or Geologist (P.G.) certifications (or ability to acquire) in state of South Carolina.
- A valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- The ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experience in evaluating and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data.
- A commitment to following safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
An employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm solving engineering and technical challenges for over 50 years, our client employs more than 6,000 people and specializes in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.