- Nickel & Cobalt Mining
- Hybrid, Toronto
- CAD 170,000 to CAD 180,000 + Bonus
- JOB-5108 PKI
A leading provider of environmentally sustainable battery materials is presently looking to appoint an experienced Corporate Controller to head up its accounting team.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for external financial reporting of the consolidated results of this dual-listed (TSXV & NASDAQ) entity. This will include:
- Ensuring that the company follows the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS) as well as legal entity statements in both Canada and the United States.
- Preparing and filing financial statements, disclosures and management discussion and analysis (MD&A)
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Managing the accounting team.
- Ensuring that company procedures conform to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are prepared for filing on both SEDAR (OSC) and EDGAR (SEC).
- Researching, developing, and documenting technical accounting memos
The company expects its finance team to grow significantly in the next 24 months, so this position will play a key role in shaping that growth.
- A minimum university degree in business or accounting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 7+ years of professional accounting experience including public practice.
- Extensive IFRS technical accounting, research and documentation skills (derivatives, convertible debt, stock-based compensation, business combinations.)
- The ability to organize and prioritize job duties and consistently meet deadlines.
- (Ideally) experience in pre-operation large capital development
- Proficiency in Microsoft desktop software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and accounting applications (experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite are an asset).
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Experience in the mining and or chemical processing/manufacturing industry is desirable but not required.
One of North America’s leading providers of environmentally sustainable battery materials for the electric vehicle industry, our client is a TSX Venture and NASDAQ listed company whose cobalt and nickel sulfate production plants supply to a global customer base.