- Copper Mining
- $150,000 to $190,000 + Benefits
- JOB-5010 LMC
The appointed Commercial Manager will be responsible for leading the finance, accounting, supply chain, logistics, sales and marketing and IT functions of our client’s flagship Arizona mine project, which generates annual revenue of around $500 million.
Working a four-day schedule (with the opportunity to work partially remote), the successful candidate will be a strategic partner to the Mine General Manager and site management team, with accountability for:
- Strategic business planning, capital investment decisions and financial oversight.
- Management reporting, financial reporting, financial planning, treasury and capital management
- Oversight of all warehouse, purchasing, and procurement processes/activities
- Management of IT and payroll.
- Ensuring strong collaboration between operations and maintenance
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Manufacturing Accountant (CMA) qualification
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- At least ten years’ financial management experience, ideally within mining or related natural resources
- Proficiency in the use of reporting software (Microsoft Office) and SAP.
- The ability to provide leadership, coaching, direction, and decision-making for a multi-disciplinary team.
- A growth mindset that embraces continuous learning and improvement.
A premier copper producer operating throughout the Americas, our client is focused on generating value for its investors, employees, and communities, meeting the surging global copper demand from exploration and mine development through to operations.
This project is one of the oldest and most productive mining districts in the US and has generated more than 4 billion pounds of copper to date. The company has been recipient of numerous awards for its employer initiatives, environmental programs, and support of community infrastructure development.