- West Yorkshire
- Highly Attractive Package + Executive Benefits
- JOB-1986 SPO
With an approved and highly anticipated new product offering, our client is ready to pioneer a new era in ultra-efficient building methods and is looking to appoint a visionary and highly experienced Commercial Manager to capitalise on the immense potential of this launch.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assuming control of all the commercial functions of a new embryonic business
- Managing the costing, pricing and operational profitability of projects
- Negotiating and agreeing supplier contracts
- Working closely with the technical team to deliver projects on time, in full and within budget
- Working to build constructive relationships with clients and suppliers to create long term productive relationships
- Recognising and filtering opportunities to optimise new business development
- Coordinating bids to win new projects and working with existing clients to foster repeat business
- Establishing systems and processes to create an operational framework that is fit for purpose for a new, expanding and ambitious business
- Creating a people architecture for forward expansion in line with the business requirements
- Operating within the confines of company policies and procedures
The appointed Commercial Manager will have a proven track record of prior commercial management experience or will possibly be a dynamic senior Project Manager ready to advance into a more senior position. In either case, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Proven experience within the facades / external building envelope sector. Ideally you will be familiar with the offsite sector and be able to demonstrate a sound appreciation of MMC.
- Strong analytical and financial skills and the ability to work flexibly as part of a start-up business immersed in MMC.
- The ability to accurately understand and interpret construction drawings and industry terminology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to be able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Able to communicate a clear and effective narrative to win over those individuals or companies wedded to traditional solutions/practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft and the relevant IT systems.
This is an organisation that is firmly at the forefront of MMC. As a newly established stand-alone business within a highly successful and reputable structural building solutions group, our client is pioneering a revolutionary new building façade system that will significantly modernise future methods of construction, specifically within the residential and accommodation sectors. As such, this is a rare opening to join a new dynamic company at a pivotal stage of its journey, underpinned by a market leading parent group and thereby representing significant career progression growth potential and a highly competitive earnings and reward package.