Civil Project Manager
- Civil Infrastructure
- South Carolina
- $110,000 to $150,000 + Benefits
- JOB-5194 PSC
An established civil engineering and landscape architecture firm with offices throughout South Carolina is presently looking to appoint a qualified and experience civil engineer to deliver projects on time, to budget and within exacting quality, health and safety standards.
The appointed Civil Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of assigned civil engineering projects, including:
- The financial performance of the project budget
- Project scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Managing client needs and expectations.
- Coordinating with permitting agencies and other important stakeholders
- Producing all elements of the civil design and project deliverables
- Overall QA/QC process of the civil design plans, specifications, and supporting documentation for the project.
- Compiling and managing the appropriate resources to deliver the project to the client.
- Mentoring civil project coordinators and civil designers, demonstrating strong leadership
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college/university
- At least five years’ project management experience with a civil engineering design or construction firm
- Professional Engineer (P.E) qualification
- An understanding of project proposals (scope of work, permitting process, budget, schedule)
- Ability to coordinate with outside consultants (surveyors, traffic consultants, architects, geotechnical engineers, MEP engineers, wetland consultants, arborists, etc.)
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to mentor fellow civil designers, technicians, and interns.
- Effective client liaison and business development skills
- Ability to prepare a complete set of construction documents for multiple project types in various jurisdictions with assistance from civil engineering staff.
- Ability to review and comment on roadway and drainage as-builts, water and sewer as-builts provided by the contractor and surveyor.
- Working knowledge of the closeout process and timelines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills
- First class problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels.