Business Development Manager
A leading UK manufacturer and supplier of consumer health and personal care products is looking to appoint a proven field sales professional to spearhead its penetration of the UK grocery multiples sector.
Based from our client’s West Yorkshire headquarters but involving regular travel to customers across the UK, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Introducing the company’s range of first aid supplies, sports physio and personal care products
- Negotiating own label and private label business with regional and nationwide supermarket chains
- Identifying opportunities and generating leads to close for business in person with new grocery customers
- Forging and developing profitable relationships with senior buyers at store and head office levels
- Developing strategic trading sales plans for each customer to maximise business and total sales
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A track record of field sales success in the non-food FMCG sector, ideally health & personal care
- Proven experience of winning supply contracts for branded and private label products with major supermarkets
- Excellent interpersonal and closing skills
- The ability to meet ambitious KPI, revenue and margin targets
- First class negotiation and closing abilities
A leading UK manufacturer and supplier of consumer health and personal care products, our client supplies its products to individuals, sports teams and businesses all around the UK, with further representation across Europe, Asia, North America and the Middle East. Established for nearly three decades, the company is well established in the sports and pharmacy retail sectors and is now looking to expand its presence on the shelves of major supermarkets.