Business Development Manager
Established for over fifty years and today employing around 5,000 people, our client is a market leading manufacturer and provider of display, handling, storage and security equipment for end users in the retail, distribution, airports and hospitality sectors worldwide. As part of its continued and ongoing penetration of the e-commerce logistics market, the company is presently looking to appoint a proven field sales professional with a track record of growing market share and brand recognition in this sector.
The appointed Business Development Manager will be tasked with introducing our client’s standard and bespoke solutions to a diverse range of customers across the UK e-commerce sector, from retailers and distribution companies to third party logistics providers. Embracing a consultative sales approach to fully understand customers’ operational challenges, you will deliver tailored solutions based upon tangible commercial benefits and a non-reactive service proposition that differentiates you from the competition. Acting as principal point of contact with customers, you will harness the comprehensive support of design and technical teams to close all new and repeat business opportunities, ensuring maximum conversion and meeting or exceeding KPI, revenue and margin targets.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A thorough understanding of the challenges, opportunities and general evolution of the UK e-commerce sector
- Proven sector credibility through a strong personal network of decision-making contacts product knowledge encompassing innovative capital solutions
- A track record of forging positive and profitable client relationships to actively promote repeat business and customer satisfaction
- An engaging and outgoing persona capable of prioritising opportunities to ensure efforts and resources are focussed on maximising reward
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and process improvement abilities
- A thorough understanding of technical and digital processes with the e-commerce logistics market