Business Development Manager
- Sustainable Farming Technology
- Remote, London, UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium
- £40,000 to £60,000 Basic + Bonus + Share Options + 25 Days’ Leave
- JOB-3614 PMO
A market leading research & development company operating in the vertical farming technology field is currently seeking a dynamic, organised and diligent Business Development Manager for its growing commercial team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping the company achieve greater brand recognition, strong financial growth and an advanced market position across the UK and Northern Europe, principal responsibilities being to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the company’s offerings, products, services, pricing, policies, and approach to commercial deals.
- Identify and develop potential partnership opportunities and clients.
- Develop quotes and proposals.
- Build commercial models and presentations.
- Pursue leads and move them through the deal cycle.
- Define strategic goals and devise project plans.
- Keep abreast of market trends.
- Research, plan and implement new target market initiatives.
- Ensure client engagement and manage individual accounts.
- Use online project management tools to regularly engage with (and share visibility across) the wider company.
- Identify PR opportunities and formulate press releases.
- Plan and attend specific and targeted events to build the company’s profile and generate new networks.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ sales / business development experience in the agriculture technology sector
- A strong personal network of contacts across vertical farming, growers, food producers etc
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- A good standard of educational attainment (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of the European agriculture technology / R&D events circuit
- Proven experience of executing successful commercial development strategies and deals.
- (Ideally) previous experience working in consultancy or start-up environment.
- A good understanding and command of IT systems and other CRM /communication / project tools.
- A clear understanding of the farming / agriculture sector’s regulatory environment
- A strong interest in sustainability.
Designing, building, and licensing high-tech agricultural hardware and software solutions, our client also owns and operates vertical farms and conducts a growing programme of agricultural research and development activities. Joining this company, you will become part of a dedicated, friendly, positive, and supportive team in an innovative and growing industry. The company offers open access to training, resources, a mentoring programme, flexible working hours, an employee assistance programme and many more benefits.