Business Development Manager
An established and market leading distributor of bearings and power transmission products is presently looking to appoint a proven sales developer to increase market share and recognition across the UK Northwest.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the appointed Business Development Manager will assume responsibility for:
- Promoting the full range of bearings, gears, drives, motors, chains and lubricants
- Prospecting for new business growth via telephone, email and face to face visits
- Upselling new products to existing customers across the sales territory
- Representing the business and industry events and trade exhibitions
- Providing technical support and applications advice to purchasing, design, maintenance and decision-making points of contact
The successful candidate will be expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of three years’ field sales success within industrial distribution
- A track record of meeting and exceeding KPI, revenue, growth and margin targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A network of contacts within industrial/manufacturing end users
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- First class negotiation and closing skills
Our client is a leading supplier of bearings, power transmission and MRO products for the food & beverage, packaging, quarrying, mining, processing, plastics, waste management and petrochemical industries. Representing manufacturers who are ranked the best in the business within their specific field, the company has been successful in providing an unrivalled engineering service to the UK manufacturing and process industries.