Business Development Manager
An established designer and installer of reinforced concrete flooring systems is looking to appoint a proven senior sales/specification professional to increase its brand recognition and market share across the UK and Ireland.
A home-based position reporting to the General Manager, the appointed Business Development Manager will assume responsibility for:
- Developing and leading commercial and marketing strategies with an expected horizon of 6 months to 5 years
- Managing and extending an existing network of UK and European customers
- Providing detailed reports and SWOT analyses on the UK marketplace and emerging sectors in which to grow the business
- Providing the marketing department with guidance and strategy on where, how and whom to target
- Networking with suppliers and customers to provide quality enquiries
- Winning repeat business and producing high quality work at the maximum level of profitability
- Organising and hosting networking opportunities
- Preparing business development presentations tailored to sector and customer base
- Generating and receiving tender enquiries.
- Building a value proposition database
- Agreeing and managing profitable quotations in line with levels of authority
- Attend meetings to negotiate projects
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Proven business development and sales management experience
- Strong contractual negotiation and closing abilities
- A willingness to travel frequently to clients and sites across the UK, with occasional nights away
- Excellent planning, problem solving and attention to detail
- An outgoing, professional and motivational leadership style
- Strong technical knowledge gained within the industrial flooring industry
Active in over twenty countries worldwide, our client is a specialist in the design, manufacture and installation of jointless concrete slabs and steel-fibre reinforced flooring systems which set the standard for performance, environmental sustainability, and aesthetics. Typical applications include warehousing, cold stores, manufacturing plants and external hard standings such as areas where heavy plant is operated.