Business Development Manager
- Natural Ingredients
- Remote, United States
- Competitive Remuneration + Bonus + Benefits Package
- JOB-5036 TSE
An established producer of non-genetically modified food ingredients is presently looking to grow its sales force and tap into new markets in North America.
The appointed Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Acquiring and managing new client relationships, negotiating contracts, and closing deals.
- Developing a business development strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Arranging business development meetings with prospective clients
- Identifying potential clients in target markets and completing appropriate research on their needs
- Partnering with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients.
- Developing entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Preparing sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keeping records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Providing trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Becoming a subject matter expert on the company’s products, processes and operations, remaining up to date on industry news
- Partnering with the marketing department to conduct market research and develop a strategic business development plan.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Proven B2B sales experience in the food & beverage industry, ideally specifically within ingredients or related.
- A track record of achievement to revenue/margin targets and market penetration objectives
- A robust skillset related to strategic analysis, marketing, innovation, and problem solving.
- Flexibility to travel extensively and frequently across the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and industry-specific software.
A global manufacturer of natural ingredients, vitamins, vitamin derivatives and soy, sunflower and rapeseed extracts, our client promotes wholesome nutrition, vitality, and healthy living to a global customer base from its state of the art 80,000 square metre production facility.