Business Development Lead
- Earth Observation Technology
- Hybrid, Crawley
- £35,000 to £42,000 Basic + Bonus + 22 Days’ Annual Leave + Pension + Flexible Benefits
- JOB-3672 PMO
Our client is presently seeking an experienced and talented Business Development Lead to join its satellite mapping team.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the offshore interpretation team to support the growth of our client’s satellite mapping group, focusing on maritime applications of earth observation data and monitoring.
You will be part of a strong, professional, and innovative culture, providing accurate and honest consultative advice to clients in response to their complex challenges.
Developing strong and trusting client relationships that ultimately lead to commercial revenue growth, you will achieve this through direct calling, online and face-to-face meetings, networking events and presentations, social media, and digital marketing campaigns.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A level of technical knowledge in remote sensing/monitoring and/or earth observation data, ideally related to oil spill / maritime pollution projects.
- Effective listening skills to capture and relay client-led feedback to the team.
- The ability to effectively communicate our client’s technology-led value proposition to a wide range of experts, stakeholders, and decision makers.
- A highly proactive work ethic and innovative mind set.
- A minimum degree qualification in geography or a related discipline
- A minimum of three years’ business development experience
- Excellent written and verbal competency in English
- Great negotiation skills and cultural sensitivity
- Strong time management and organization skills
Our client is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring, harnessing earth observation data to address a diverse range of challenges faced by the energy, mining, engineering, environment, and defense sectors. The company helps its customers to responsibly solve complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.