- Competitive Remuneration & Benefits
- JOB-4976 LPA
The appointed Environmental Attorney will create legal documents and advise clients on legal transactions in environmental practice areas.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for:
- Authoring legal memoranda, briefs, motions, discovery, contracts, regulatory agreements, and/or substantive policy articles and commentary
- Researching environmental, land use, or administrative law and regulatory requirements at the federal, state, and local level
- Advising on permitting, compliance, responding to enforcement actions, and remedial requirements
- Independently managing new and existing client relationships, with minimal or no supervision
- Supporting (or direct involvement in) business development activities
- Representing public and/or private sector clients seeking to minimize the environmental liability risks associated with asset transfer, development, siting, operation and permitting.
- Representing clients in other transactional matters involving environmental liability in business, including hazardous waste cleanup and insurance
- Representing clients in administrative or court hearings, associated motions practice, administrative record cases and/or non-record civil cases
- Conducting and supervising document review and production and taking or defending fact and expert witness depositions.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in federal and state environmental and land use law
- Substantial experience with CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, CAA, TSCA, FIFRA and the state equivalents
- Prior involvement in any areas of EHS support including compliance, transactional and litigation support.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency in the use of on-line legal research services and other available legal resources
- Sound and independent judgment
- Admittance to the state bar of Michigan (or eligible for admission by anticipated start date)
- A portable book of business, ideally including solid and hazardous waste facilities.
Established for over 100 years, our client offers its employees a wide array of quality benefits and programs, including:
- Wellness Program & Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program with onsite counseling
- Paid Time-Off
- Parental / Pregnancy Leave
- Retail Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Travel Accident Term Life Insurance & Disability Income Protection
- Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% Firm Employer Contribution
- Paid Parking