- Environmental & Land-Use Law
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- $140,000 to $150,000
- JOB-5125 LPA
Our client is presently seeking an associate with seven to ten years’ experience in environmental and land use law to work specifically with one of the six reservations of the federally recognized Seminole Tribe of Florida.
- Providing legal research, analysis, and strategic advice on a variety of legal matters including land acquisition and development, zoning, environmental permitting, cell tower permitting, intergovernmental agreements, water law, and general municipal law.
- Representing the client in civil and administrative litigation before state trial courts, courts of appeal and the Division of Administrative Hearings in matters related to riparian rights, docks, contract and real estate disputes, private property rights, comprehensive land use planning, zoning, site planning and other local development orders.
- Representing the client in the development, implementation, and interpretation of water supply policy, plans and regulations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and other legal documents to support the client’s needs.
- Low Billable Hour Requirements – c1800 expected.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in environmental and land use law
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills.
- Prior experience at a regional or national law firm, an outstanding local firm, or a federal or state environmental agency.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school.
- Membership of the Florida Bar
For more than 25 years our client’s attorneys have helped the individuals, businesses and governments that have shaped Florida’s future. Offering solutions to issues associated with complex local, state, and federal laws and regulations, the firm focuses on the specific, technical, and seemingly ever-changing areas of environmental, land use and governmental law.
Operating from five offices throughout Florida, the firm has just been recognized among the 2024 edition of Best Law Firms® as a Tier 1 national firm in the areas of environmental law, natural resources law, land use and zoning law and environmental litigation, also named one of Law360’s 100 Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys.