- Toxic Tort & Asbestos
- Los Angeles
- $130,000 to $200,000 (DoE) + Excellent Benefits
- JOB-4996 LPA
A pre-eminent litigation firm is currently looking to appoint a talented and motivated associate attorney with at least two years’ experience in asbestos or toxic tort litigation.
Established for over 25 years, our client has become one of the United States’ top litigation firms by combining innovative and aggressive case management and trial techniques at all stages of litigation. With an excellent reputation for successful verdicts across the nation, the firm has been named among US News’ ‘Best Los Angeles Law Firms’ for the last four years and ‘Most Admired Law Firms to Work For’ by Los Angeles Business Journal for the past three.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for:
- Taking and defending expert and witness depositions
- Drafting original motions and other litigation-related documents on complex matters
- Drafting discovery requests and responses to be exchanged with various parties.
- Developing client relationships through oral and written communication
- Preparation for trial including motions in limine, exhibit lists, witness lists.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- At least two years’ asbestos or toxic tort litigation experience
- A minimum Juris Doctor degree qualification
- License to practice law in the state of California
- Self-motivation and a willingness to do whatever it takes to complete responsibilities on deadline.
- Experience in billable work environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
The successful candidate will enjoy a positive and welcoming work environment in a team that litigates high-stakes and exciting cases on behalf of Fortune 500 companies. Minimum billable hours are 1,900 per year, with a very generous bonus structure for those choosing to exceed 1,900 hours.