Executive Director / Product Specialist
- Direct Lending / BDC
- Hybrid, New York
- $250,000 Basic ($800,000 OTE)
- JOB-3554 MSP
Our client is seeking an Executive Director for its Direct Lending BDC Product Specialist Team, an instrumental part of the firm’s overall growth strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Deep portfolio understanding and product knowledge across the firm’s private credit platform, with a focus on its business development company.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the firm’s distinct investment approach and philosophy.
- Leading the continued development and maintenance of marketing and board materials.
- Understanding the numbers being reported for investors.
- Understanding questions investors may have on the back end of statistics or portfolio construction.
- Traveling (around 25% of the time) with the wealth solutions team to meet with RIAs to discuss distribution products.
- Synthesizing third-party market research to identify trends, opportunities and risks for the business.
- Leading the completion of investor information and diligence requests (RFIs, RFPs, DDQs)
- Managing and maintaining data and presentation materials for all distribution platforms.
- Performing special projects for senior management, including finance, rating agencies, new products and marketing.
- A minimum of 10 years’ product specialist and/or investor relations experience, ideally incorporating BDC
- Experience of working for a private credit firm, placement agent, investment consultant / advisory firm, or a well-respected alternative investment firm with strong private credit offerings
- Excellent technical and quantitative skills to address inquiries and due diligence requests from prospects, investors, and salesforce.
- The ability to develop best-in-class marketing material, presentations, investor collateral, while leveraging technical product knowledge and market insights
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with keen attention to detail.
- A track record of driving results with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive in an environment where individuals are empowered to take on responsibility.
A leading global investment firm that seeks to provide creative capital solutions and generate attractive risk-adjusted returns, our client manages syndicated leveraged loans, high yield bonds, privately negotiated senior secured debt and mezzanine investments, asset-based leasing and private equity. The scale and breadth of the firm’s platform offers the flexibility to invest in companies large and small, through standard or customized solutions. With nearly 200 investment professionals and over 500 total employees across 15 offices globally, the firm has been entrusted with approximately $101 billion of assets under management as of April 2023.