- BDC / Fund Controller
- Remote, United States
- $200,000 to $250,000 + Bonus + Comprehensive Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Lifestyle Account, Parental Leave) + 401k plan with company match.
- JOB-3219 MSP
An employee-owned alternative investment manager focused on liquid credit, opportunistic credit, and renewable private equity and credit, is presently seeking a Vice President to join its finance and operations team.
The successful candidate will run and oversee the overall financial accounting and reporting for a newly formed BDC and additional private fund portfolios, with key accountabilities being to:
- Review full-cycle accounting of private funds and BDC portfolios, including review and analysis of the financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets, and cash flow projection.
- Perform management fee and incentive calculations, expense accruals, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Coordinate workflow and review all accounting deliverables to ensure accuracy and conformity with applicable accounting standards.
- Analyze fund and investment operations; accurately applying distribution allocations to calculate incentive allocations and performance.
- Prepare contribution and distribution calculations, summaries and notices as needed for funds and co-investments.
- Assist external auditors’ requests and schedules to complete quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with reporting deadlines, Board of Director meetings, Audit Committee meetings, etc.
- Provide information for and take part in tax preparation and valuations.
- Perform research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements.
- Liaise with investment professionals, legal and compliance, and operations to ensure proper controls are in place to support current and future business.
- Determine impact on operations and cash flows in preparing asset and fund level models.
- Update and analyze results at least quarterly for internal monitoring, external track records, and presentations.
- Work with Portfolio Management team to prepare quarterly investor deck/earnings releases.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of private credit and/or alternative investments
- The ability to work independently in several capacities and deliver results within deadlines.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related.
- At least ten years’ accounting or finance experience.
- Experience of preparing financial statements for registered funds and/or BDCs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation to make sound decisions.
- Ability to proactively evaluate and address work opportunities within the area of responsibility.