Trading Product Owner
- Remote, UK or Malta
- £70,000 (€83,000) + Benefits
- JOB-1952 NFR
The Trading Product Owner will be responsible for all trading related product requirements of the sports trading, risk management and trading support functions, including external partners and their players.
The successful candidate will oversee the successful implementation of the trading ecosystem, including the front-end display of sports trading events and how this display is configured in the back-end trading platform. Acting as a key contact point for the wider trading team and external partners, you will prioritize requirements based on their needs and work with internal development teams on their subsequent delivery. This will include high amounts of collaboration with support functions, especially Product & Technology. You will play a key part in evaluating third-party trading solutions, assessing their suitability and business benefits ahead of prioritizing any integration.
Throughout any trading-related integration such as data feeds integration, streaming integration, trading modelling integration to name but a few, you will be a key contact point representing the entire trading function in discussions with internal development teams and external partners. Throughout the integration work, you will be the person signing off all requirements, conducting UAT and facilitating the necessary knowledge transfer out to the wider trading team.
You will be able to adapt between trading related work and product management. Possessing enough trading systems knowledge to understand the basic requirements of the wider trading team and partners, you will be able to translate these requirements into technical user stories through collaboration with business analysts. You would then work closely as part of a Scrum team on subsequent development.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Significant technical experience across all systems that impact sportsbook trading
- Strong financial acumen and numeracy to quantify business benefit and assist with prioritization
- Extensive technical knowledge and understanding of software development processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex trading concepts, practices, and processes to senior but less technical audiences and external partners
- Strong attention to detail in signing off on systems, thereby minimizing the risk of trading errors
- Extensive trading technical experience with an ability to quickly understand all trading related back and front-end functionality
- (Ideally) experience of working with typical third-party trading tool and consoles
- A flexible approach to working hours (the role will require working with teams in various locations across different time zones)
- Availability to travel as the role will require occasional travel to visit stakeholders, partners and/or industry events
Sportsbook is our client’s newest product vertical: From event creation right through to bet settlement, the company covers the full trading lifecycle, including custom markets, odds and risk. Operating across thousands of sporting competitions, and with access to official data that maximizes margins, the company manages the entire process, ensuring an adaptable plug and play product.