Senior Quality Engineer
The appointed Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for all quality control and assurance activities for a foundry manufacturer of cast parts for automotive applications.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for:
- Managing quality and environmental systems/procedures in line with ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 and business requirements
- Developing processes for continual improvement, defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain
- Controlling internal and external auditing process, ensuring effective implementation of corrective action
- Liaising with customers to address quality concerns on new product introductions
- Managing and improving supplier performance
Applicants will be qualified auditors capable of demonstrating:
- A minimum of five years’ quality management experience in casting processes or related (foundry, metallurgy, heat treatment etc)
- Strong knowledge of IATF 16949:2016 for automotive Quality Management Systems
- Experience in the application of APQP/PPAP for automotive customers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in the use of manufacturing metrology equipment including CMMs
Established for over forty years, our client is a manufacturer of shell-moulded castings in grey and SG iron whose dimensional accuracy, surface finish and machining consistency exceed customer expectations in the automotive, hydraulic valve, materials handling and general engineering industries. Melting from electric induction furnaces and utilising thermal and spectrographic analysis ensures the company’s products meet the stringent demands of both its ISO/TS 16949 approved quality management system and the demands of 21st century manufacturing requirements.