Senior Project Geologist
- Gold Exploration
- $110,000 to $140,000 + 20% Bonus + Benefits
- JOB-3237 LCA
A mid-tier gold producer on an upwards trajectory, our client is seeking an outstanding Senior Project Geologist to plan, lead, and execute exploration activities at an historic gold mining jurisdiction in Nevada.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager (USA), the Senior Project Geologist will be a core member of a talented team and will work in close association with corporate exploration, technical services, and mine site personnel, with a remit to:
- Oversee the planning and execution of geological mapping, geochemical sampling, and geophysical surveys.
- Interpret exploration results and provide recommendations to advance projects.
- Generate drill targets, collaborate on drill hole planning/permitting, execute drill programs, and ensure the collection of quality geologic data.
- Supervise, lead, and mentor junior geologists and field technicians.
- Implement and oversee QA/QC protocols to ensure the highest quality of data.
- Provide regular reports on activities and findings.
- Ensure projects are delivered within budget and completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Follow health & safety, community relations, and environmental best practices.
- Maintain and build strong links with the Bureau of Land Management and other government departments.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in geology.
- Proven experience in the planning and execution of mapping, sampling, and geophysical surveys
- Thorough knowledge of the range of ore deposit models in western USA.
- At least eight years’ mineral exploration experience, ideally with experience in western USA epithermal projects.
- A high level of proficiency in ArcGIS or MapInfo/Discover
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art exploration techniques, integrating geologic mapping, geophysics, and geochemistry.
- The ability to produce geological maps and sections from surface and subsurface data.
- Experience of working with drill contractors and supervising drilling, core handling, and logging.
- Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills.