Senior Project Engineer
- Land & Site Development
- Corpus Christi, South Texas
- Competitive Salary & Package
- JOB-3176 TKI
The successful candidate will support land & site clients while developing sound projects and delivering high quality service offerings.
- Identification, communication, and design of land & site developments including infrastructure, paving and drainage design.
- Coordination of Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) investigations, schedule, and submittals.
- Hands-on design and design supervision of EIT work.
- Frequent communication with clients and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met and are compliant with federal, state, and local laws.
- Working both independently and with project team to meet clients’ needs and objectives.
- Reviewing and performing QA/QC of agreements, plans, specifications, cost estimates and invoices submitted to assure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and requirements of the client.
- Performing project records research, obtaining design and utility company contacts, preparing contact ledgers and utility conflict tracking reports.
- Preparing client deliverables, exhibits, project guides, project reviews, project invoices, expense reports and project monitoring/field verification as needed.
- Preparing project cost estimates and assisting with other design needs.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- At least five years’ experience as a licensed professional engineer, with an emphasis on land & site development
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD & HEC RAS software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Positive attitude to take initiative on projects, coordinate effectively with other team members, adapt to changing conditions/requirements, take ownership of mistakes, and ask for direction when needed.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize, and meet deadlines while working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven organization and proactive time management skills
- Strong desire to learn and take on new types of projects.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems develop and proactively take corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
An established civil engineering firm, our client specialises in surveying and site development work for both residential and commercial land developers. The company’s expertise also extends to master plans, site development work and construction supervision on water, wastewater and drainage projects for several South Texas municipalities and other governmental entities.