Senior Planning Engineer
- Open Pit Mining
- Hybrid, Arizona
- $80,000 + Excellent Low-Cost Benefits Package (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) + 401(k) Plan (Company Matched)
- JOB-3075 LCA
Verrus are working with one of the world’s largest copper producers who are seeking a Senior Planning Engineer to become an integral part of its team in Arizona.
The Senior Planning Engineer will be responsible for mine designs and life-of-mine planning, along with the engineering required to develop those designs and plans for open pit mining operations and projects in Mexico. This includes providing industry standard documentation for each project and travelling periodically to the actual mine operations in Mexico. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Complete mine design updates and detailed pushback designs
- Complete ultimate waste dump, leach heap or dump designs
- Optimize ultimate pit designs, pushback designs and pushback sequences.
- Complete mine equipment requirement studies
- Monitor and coordinate annual mine design parameters updates.
- Coordinate and assist with annual life-of-mine operating plans.
- Establish best practices for mine planning and design functions.
- Implement training to increase the technical competency of mine planning engineers.
- Assist with operating alternative analyses.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in geology, geological engineering or mine engineering
- At least five years’ design and planning experience in open pit mining operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional registration (preferred)
- Knowledge of Hexagon Mine Plan, Datamine or other mine planning / modelling software
- The ability to work well as a team member and demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive consensus building.
- IT skills encompassing Microsoft Office and AutoCAD applications.