Senior Operations Manager
This is a superb and challenging opportunity for a senior management professional to take on production control and site delivery leadership responsibilities for a global manufacturer of reinforced concrete flooring systems.
Reporting to the UK General Director, the appointed Senior Operations Manager will assume responsibility for:
- Travelling extensively (occasionally overseas) as required by workloads and the location of projects
- Overall management of the production department (13 direct reports)
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure that every detail is covered pre, during and post construction phases
- Reviewing all contracts in liaison with the commercial team, making necessary amendments and giving guidance
- Issuing variation orders with assistance from the commercial team and ensuring these are agreed with the Client
- Building relationships with key suppliers to ensure “best value” and consistency of supply is achieved
- Ensuring that the production team adheres to best practices, HSE legislation and quality systems
- Reviewing project budgets and seeking cost saving measures without impacting quality
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years’ proven production, operational and commercial experience with a manufacturer and contractor in the construction or civil engineering industry.
- Ideal expertise would include reinforced/precast concrete, industrial flooring, structural engineering etc
- Excellent communication skills, a firm leadership approach and confident negotiation skills
- A strong grasp of the legalities of contracts to ensure the company’s best interests are maintained
- Experience of managing production programmes to ensure adherence to programme of works
- A track record of working with subcontractors and site managers
- Excellent problem solving and prioritising abilities
- A thorough understanding of health & safety legislation relating to both production and site environments (site inspections, toolbox talks etc)
Active in over twenty countries worldwide, our client is a specialist in the design, manufacture and installation of jointless concrete slabs and steel-fibre reinforced flooring systems which set the standard for performance, environmental sustainability, and aesthetics. Typical applications include warehousing, cold stores, manufacturing plants and external hard standings such as areas where heavy plant is operated.