Senior Mine Engineer
- Copper Mining
- $100,000 to $125,000 + Health / Dental / Disability /Life Insurance + 401(k) Savings + Employee Share Purchase Plan + Paid Time Off + Paid Vacation + Tuition Reimbursement.
- JOB-3386 LMC
An established industry leader in copper mining and processing is presently seeking a proven Senior Mine Engineer to focus on mid-range planning, projects, and operations analytics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a part of a diverse and collaborative team, with real training and development opportunities to advance within the business and progress your career. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all employees and contractors, ensuring that they are working in compliance with mine standard operating procedures and MSHA safety guidelines.
- Liaising effectively with the Mine Manager, Mine Engineering Superintendent, Mine Maintenance Superintendent, and Mine Operations Superintendent (and their reports.)
- Directing project activities including reclamation, hydrology, pad design, dump design, third party engineering studies, and pit dewatering
- Ensuring that all activities are compliant with company policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Contributing to annual, quarterly, and in Life of Mine forecasting and budgeting.
- Developing and implementing planning schedules, cost estimates, and project evaluations
- Completing studies and supporting documentation from screening to feasibility level.
- Developing appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Budgeting, communicating, and coordinating to meet goals in a safe and efficient manner.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- 4 to 7 years of relevant operational experience, ideally within copper specifically
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or related
- Prior exposure to mine planning software (Vulcan, Terrain, ShotPlus, AcQuire, MSSO Optimizer, and/or MineSight).
- Knowledge of drill-blast-load-haul open pit mining sequence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving abilities
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- A valid Arizona driver’s License.