Senior Exploration Geologist
- Precious & Base Metals
- New South Wales (Relocation Assistance Available)
- AUD 150,000 TO AUD 180,000 + Share Options
- JOB-2957 MCU
An established company focused on the exploration and development of critical minerals and green metals, our client is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Exploration Geologist.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Exploration Geologist will acquire and interpret geological information to provide exploration discoveries which will provide future growth options for our client and its shareholders. This will principally involve:
- Analysing existing geological, geochemical, and geophysical data from the company’s exploration tenement package, to define targets and update geological models.
- Planning and executing exploration activities in line with organisational strategy and within project budgets
- Ensuring exploration and evaluation works are completed safely, on time, within budget and to high levels of quality.
- Coordinating geological modelling and resource estimates for the evaluation of potential mining reserves, and leading mining studies on designated projects
- Performing detailed geological core and chip sample logging for lithology, alteration, and mineralisation
- Providing technical leadership within the team, communicating issues in terms of business value
- Gaining statutory approvals for exploration works
- Evaluation of business development opportunities across NSW and Australia
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in precious and base metals exploration
- A minimum professional (hons) degree in geology
- Full driver’s licence (Class C)
- Professional registration in AIG, AusIMM, or a similar globally recognised organisation
- Competence with Microsoft Office, 3D and 2D GIS Software
- REE exploration and mining studies experience
- Experience in exploration for porphyry/epithermal Cu-Au style ore systems, orogenic Au systems
- A postgraduate qualification in Geology or a similar discipline
- Appropriate first did qualification or equivalent.
- Competence with QGIS, Micromine and, ioGAS packages