- Hybrid, New York
- Competitive Salary + Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability) + 401(k) + Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave + Tuition Assistance
- JOB-3111 TKI
The appointed Senior Estimator will prepare detailed and accurate budget estimates and bid packages for ground-up and renovation/addition projects ranging from $500,000 to $50,000,000.
The appointed Senior Estimator will:
- Prepare RFI’s based on drawings and specifications.
- Evaluate the completeness of proposals from multiple subcontractors, effectively communicating and negotiating thereafter.
- Track changes to drawings through addendums, bulletins, and revisions, following through with subcontractors.
- Attend site walk-throughs and effectively coordinate with superintendents and subcontractors.
- Produce accurate and thorough take-offs, including pricing of work.
- Conduct post-bid and buyout meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings.
- Work with architects, owners, and engineers to formulate accurate and complete budgets.
- Facilitate meetings with owners on conceptual design/build projects.
- Manage document control from beginning through schematic design, design development to construction documents, and subcontractor buyout.
- Work with the operations team to develop preliminary schedules and logistics plans.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in construction management or related.
- At least five years’ experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry, ideally within large ground-up projects
- Multi-trade knowledge and experience incorporating steel, concrete, masonry, carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
- Proficiency in computer technology including On-Screen Take-off, Bluebeam, AutoCAD Review, MS Office, and MS Project
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to fully understand project drawings and specifications for all trades, including architectural, MEP, structural, sprinkler, fire alarm, etc.
Our client has been established for nearly thirty years and is a principal contractor specialising in new build and redevelopment projects within the warehouse & distribution, office, industrial & scientific, manufacturing, commercial, retail, healthcare, and hospitality sectors.