Senior Electrical Engineer
- Battery Solutions
- Hybrid, West Midlands
- £50,000 to £60,000 (DoE) + £5,000 Car Allowance.
- JOB-3479 JMC
Proven Senior Electrical Engineer required to deliver a diverse range of sustainable energy storage projects across the UK.
Involving regular travel throughout the UK, the successful candidate will support UK pre-sales and business development activities, with specific responsibilities to include:
- Meeting with customers and partners to explain product capabilities and determine optimum product solution and site architecture.
- Managing all technical aspects of proposal development for allocated projects in the commercial proposal phase
- Technical analysis of customer inquiries, requests for quotations (RFQ) and tenders.
- Working to British (BS) and European (EN) standards
- Delivering high quality, well defined, fully costed technical proposals to win profitable and executable orders.
- Providing support to the Sales and Proposal Managers in closing orders by providing technical expertise and timely response to customer requirements
- Preparing product documentation, writing reports, and giving presentations.
- Leading technical handover after deal closing to Projects (execution).
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ practical experience in battery energy storage systems, power generation systems, solar or wind power plant design and integration, and/or transformers.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and a solid business acumen
- (Ideally) experience of medium to high voltage projects, generators, inverters, control systems, and/or renewables
- A minimum HNC/HND/Degree qualification in electrical engineering.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, organisational and analytical abilities.
- An understanding and correct implementation of electrical testing.
- PLC literacy and competence at reading schematics.
- Familiarity with communications protocols Modbus/CAN and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead technically based initiatives of some complexity and impact.
- Ability to coordinate activity on several projects simultaneously.
A pioneering energy storage and battery company with over 30 years’ experience, our client helps customers meet their Net Zero Carbon ambitions and provides innovative solutions to rising energy costs.