- Divorce / Family Law
- Competitive Salary & Package (DoE)
- JOB-3317 EJP
An international claimant-orientated equality and anti-discrimination law firm is presently looking to appoint a proven family lawyer with at least five years’ post-qualifying experience, ideally with a focus on complex divorces.
This is a “full-service lawyer” appointment which will see the successful candidate working from first intake meeting to the end of the case, specializing in divorce and other family work and principally involving:
- Working directly with the senior partners and other lawyers in the UUK, US and other jurisdictions
- Performing substantive case-driven research and legal analysis
- Drafting court submissions, correspondence and other documents
- Contributing to team efforts to devise strategies for achieving client goals.
- Negotiating with opponents
- Contributing to the growth of the firm through marketing, business development and special projects.
- Travelling occasionally on firm business
- Being a mentor to legal analysts
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years’ post-qualifying experience in family law, ideally including complex divorce work
- A high standard of written and verbal communication, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A keen interest in equality, anti-discrimination matters and the law.
- High levels of autonomy, integrity, open-mindedness and pragmatism
- A commitment to working in an innovative and collaborative way.
- The ability to respond positively in pressured situations to meet deadlines.
- Strong listening skills and ability to make challenging clients feel comfortable and take advice seriously