An international distributor or RF and microwave components is looking to appoint a technically competent and commercially proven sales professional to win OEM design-ins across the North of England, Scotland and Ireland.
Reporting to the Sales Director in a 50/50 home/field-based capacity, the successful candidate will:
- Plan sales activity and meet customers to promote the product range of RF/microwave components
- Manage a sales budget to agreed targets and provide forecast reporting as appropriate
- Regularly use Outlook, Word, Excel and the company’s CRM
- Provide technical and marketing support to customers’ product selection
- Participate in technical and market discussions with manufacturing suppliers
- Manage day-day activity and travel plans to maximize customer contact
- Some overnight stays in UK and occasional international travel for training and supplier visits
Applicants will be expected to exhibit:
- An established track record of sales in a technical environment
- Qualifications to degree level or a good level of technical understanding for the product range
- A clean driving licence
- Comfortable with regular face to face technical meetings within the region and occasional international travel to support business activities
The region will extend from the North of M62 England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland. The role offers an attractive base salary (commensurate to experience and track record) with additional OTE via team and personal target awards. OTE is currently running at 20% of base salary.
An ISO 9001:2015 / AS9120B certified supplier of RF and Microwave components to multiple markets, our client is part of a global components group headquartered in California and representing leading semiconductor and connector brands.