Regional VP – Western Africa
- Underground Mining IoT
- Remote, Western Africa
- $185,000 to $225,000 + Benefits
- JOB-3216 MCU
The appointed Regional VP will lead, coordinate, manage and optimize sales, services and front-line remote support activities across Western Africa.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the successful candidate will:
- Lead business development and account management activities to ensure a healthy pipeline of opportunities.
- Ensure that the sales and service team build high quality relationships with customers.
- Accelerate the sales cycle, until purchase order is received, and cash is collected.
- Approve all significant proposals and review/monitor sales and service performance.
- Execute Go-To-Market strategies and manage commercial agreement relationships with channel/distribution partners.
- Work closely with marketing counterparts to enhance sales and service growth.
- Lead, manage, motivate and influence the sales and service team, ensuring the attraction, retention and development of exceptional people.
- Manage the region’s business planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial KPIs (volumes, gross margins, OPEX and new working capital)
- Set regional pricing for deployment services and on-site support.
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies and applicable regional government, customer or industry requirements.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, science or related.
- At least ten years’ sales / commercial experience in the mining or heavy equipment industries.
- At least five years’ experience of growing and leading a sales and service team.
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and sense of ownership
- A thorough appreciation of financial matters and the importance of cost control in maximizing profits.
- The ability to negotiate complex agreements with major key clients.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- The ability to take ambitious decisions and demonstrate courage in the face of obstacles.
- Strong problem-solving and customer service orientation
An established technology company based in North America, our client is dedicated to making the underground hard rock mining industry safer and more efficient with digital solutions based on purpose-built Internet of Things (IoT) systems to monitor people, machines and the environment. With regional offices around the world, the company has assembled the most experienced team of professionals to digitalize and optimize the underground extraction of metals.