An established UK bricklaying contractor is presently looking for an experienced QS for its Northern Ireland office.
The appointed Quantity Surveyor will assume responsibility for:
- Producing quantity reports and preparing tenders for both labour-only and labour/plant/materials projects
- Preparing on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews
- Managing payments, submitting variations and controlling project procurement
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers and site staff
- Completing and submitting project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes
- Handling legal and contractual aspects of projects where necessary
- Preparing job costing reviews and negotiating final accounts
- A minimum of three years’ quantity surveying experience in brickwork and masonry
- Self-motivation, autonomy, drive and ambition to succeed and progress through the company
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and push projects forward
- Good commercial knowledge and experience of dealing with various forms of contracts and manual of contract documents in brickwork
- Relevant qualifications (quantity surveying, commercial management etc)
Providing a high-level service across London, the UK and Ireland, our client is an established contractor employing over 100 highly skilled and professionally qualified brickwork, blockwork, stonework and architectural masonry professionals working on projects ranging in value from £25,000 to over £1,000,000.