Project Exploration Geologist
- Mining & Metals
- New South Wales
- AUD 125,000 to AUD 140,000 + Relocation assistance.
- JOB-3394 MCU
This is a 12-month rolling opportunity, based in Central West NSW or on a 14/7 roster from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne or another negotiated roster.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and interpreting exploration data, providing technical interpretation of geological datasets and supporting the larger Exploration team in organising and implementing exploration activities.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, your role will consist of the following:
- Performing detailed geological core and chip sample logging
- Design and Management of daily drilling activities and other exploration programs
- Ensuring exploration works are completed safely, on time and to a high standard.
- Gaining statutory approvals for exploration programs and preparation of other statutory and company technical reports.
- REE focus with secondary precious and base metals exposure.
- 3+ years’ experience
- Degree in Geology (BSc or higher)
- Experience in mineral exploration
- Experience in GIS (QGIS or similar) and 3D Mining Software Packages (Micromine) highly regarded.
- Driver’s License (Manual preferred)
- First Aid training