Plant Operations Manager
- Coal Fired Power Plant
- CAD 250 to CAD 350 + Benefits + Expat Allowance
- JOB-2701 LCA
Senior operations and maintenance leadership opportunity at the power plant of a recently completed copper mining complex in Panama. Expat opportunity: Either FIFO or residential (housing allowance, relocation assistance etc.)
Our client’s newest operation is a recently completed copper mine in Panama with 3 billion tonnes of proven and probable reserves. This is one of the largest new copper mines opened globally in the past decade and includes two open pits, a processing plant, two 150-megawatt power stations and a port.
The appointed Plant Operations Manager will be responsible for directing all Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities at one of the operation’s two power stations, ensuring that an adequate supply of fuel, manpower, tools, equipment, and spare parts are available at all times to provide for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
The Plant Operations Manager will ensure that the plant is operated in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and power generating requirements. This will require determination, accurate communication of operational priorities and strong human resource skills to effectively manage operations personnel in a 24-hour/day, seven-days/week environment.
In addition, this position is accountable for the active implementation of processes to maximise plant output through the improvement of reliability and availability of the plant’s coal fired boilers, associated turbine-generators, and associated equipment.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A relevant/applicable engineering degree and prior expat experience
- At least 5 years’ operational leadership experience in a coal power plant environment
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural environment as a results-focused team player
- Strong self-motivation, drive, methodology and organization
- Good interpersonal abilities to relate to and communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Good problem-solving skills and a patient attitude
- (Ideally) Spanish-speaking language skills
A global mining company producing copper and nickel, as well as gold and cobalt, our client’s growing portfolio of mining operations and mineral processing projects spans four continents and employs around 20,000 people. Established for over 25 years, the company is today one the world’s top 10 copper producers, generating 800,000 tonnes per year, and is focused on providing tangible benefit for employees, investors and the many communities that host its operations.