Parts, Processes & Quality Engineer
- Satellite Communications
- UK, Hampshire
- £55,000 + 10% Bonus + Stock Options + Pension + Healthcare + 25 Days Holiday
- JOB-1621 CAL
A leading entrepreneur in the satellite industry is looking for a Parts, Materials, Processes & Product Assurance Engineer to join its team developing the next generation of communication satellite payloads and equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and assuring the quality standard for all payload subsystems, including developing the relevant acceptance and/or testing criteria. You will work with customers to ensure credibility and to identify suitably robust components, parts costs and delivery lead times. You will also act as a subcontracts manager, assisting supplier partners in developing schedules, working through issues and identifying alternate solutions. Developing, applying and maintaining quality evaluation and control protocols for components, materials and products (in line with various approaches requested by customers,) the successful candidate will also engage and cooperate with customers, PMO, engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure product and quality standards are achieved and maintained to the highest possible levels.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field such as aerospace technology, engineering, industrial technology and/or materials science
- 10+ years’ experience in a related field
- Familiarity with quality testing tools and procedures
- Experience with the design, manufacturing, testing, qualification and delivery of space hardware to meet contractual requirements
- Experience in the selection, screening, and qualification of EEE components
- Experience of managing subcontractors and parts suppliers/vendors
- Experience with PCB/hybrid and electronic manufacturing processes and quality conformance
Established by leading entrepreneurs in the satellite industry, our client designs next-generation satellite communication modems based on in-house developed chipsets to support the most advanced standards such as DVB-S2X. The company also delivers the industry’s smallest VSATs and multi-beam electronically steered antenna arrays for a variety of mobile applications and services such as Connected Car, IoT, consumer broadband, airline broadband communications, communication payloads and more.